Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Anti-choice supporters trying to use guilt tactics to gain support: sarah

Today, I received a very graphic bulletin by someone who was anti-choice.  The bulletin was full of graphic photos of aborted babies.  I do not appreciate these tactic's by the anti-choice movement.  It is really sad that they have to resort to this type of propaganda.  They will not win people over this movement.  It will only outrage people more.  People will turn against them.  People do not want to see to type of material.

Getting this bulletin angered me so much.  These people do not know the situations that these women faced before choosing to have an abortion.  How dare this person pass judgment on some else.  In the bulletin it said if you don't pass this on you don't have a heart.  That is absolutely wrong.  I have one hell of a heart.  I care about others but, I don't believe abortion is wrong.  Everyone gets to make that decision by herself.  Everyone has different circumstances.  My body, My Choice. 

I am bothered by the fact that in this bulletin it said if you can't take care of a baby don't have sex.  Not everyone chooses to have sex.  Thousands of women are raped each year.  They didn't get a choice so don't stand there and tell me that those women should not have had sex.  They were raped against their will.  You don't know the HELL they went through.  NO ONE IS GOING TO TELL ME THAT THESE WOMEN CAN'T HAVE AN ABORTION.

sarah

1 comment:

dolly said...

Good point about the rape-abortion scenario, Sarah. These women did not choose their situation, and should not be shamed for the brutal actions of another. I haven’t fully come to terms over which side of the pro/anti-choice debate I align myself with, but circumstances like these cause me to think the right to choose is the only way.

D