Monday, March 17, 2008

The Hypocrisies of the Day

  1. For all the moaning and crying I did about how I never felt my mother accepted me for who I was, I certainly do my share of not accepting her for who she is, either.
  2. I tell everyone I'm from New York City, but I'm really from backwater Florida - I just lived in New York for 8 years. I call New York City my home town because it's the only place that ever really felt like it. But it's not. Not really.
  3. I tell people I'm a writer but I'm not - I'm an English teacher who has never published anything creative.
  4. I've complained about high maintenance women my whole life but recently realized I've had 3 professional massages this year.
  5. After 2 months of doing my best to eat organic and preaching the evils of enriched wheat, I'm back to eating as much junk as I ever did before. Somewhat like my year-long stint of boycotting all animal-tested products. "Blah blah blah" - that's the sound my self-righteous gibberish.

That'll do for now. Really. That'll do.

1 comment:

taberlykim said...

I have my share of these hypocrises too. One of them is being critical of women who pay too much attention to their appearance over what goes into their brains. These days, my vanity and narcissism meter is registering at 15 on a 10-point scale. It's time to hit the books, news, cultural sites and nature!