Saturday, January 20, 2007

hey, does anybody remember...

carol moseley braun?
that candidate from the 2004 presidential race?

i guess she doesn't get much mention now because she didn't take it all the way, although i did watch her in preliminary debates at least once. if she had been elected, she would have been the first african american + woman president. according to wikipedia, she was the first and only black woman elected to the senate. she was also the first african american senator to be elected as a democrat.

i didn't vote for kerry in the primaries. i had been rooting for dean + kucinich.

excited about 2008 though--a lot of potential there!

you are all invited to my place to eat sausage soup + watch the presidential debate when it's time. (it's a tradition i started in 2004.) hmm, on second thought, this time maybe i'll ditch the sausage. ;)

3 comments:

LAJRL said...

I'll fly out from the midwest to COOK those sausages for you!
:)

Melarky said...

some of my fondest memories of young-adulthood involve getting tipsy and yelling at the debates.

LAJRL said...

At work today, I told a co-worker "I sure hope Hillary gets elected." She said, "If she's elected, I'm moving to Canada!"

Funny. I said the same thing when Dubya got "selected" the first time.

PS Join Hillary online tonight live at 7 pm Eastern:

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/conversation