Sunday, January 14, 2007

Julia's Introduction

[submitted via email]

Julia/26/Hispanic-Italian/English Teacher

Hi, everyone! I know I'm a little late in introducing myself to the party, but I brought sake so I hope it's all right. I'm Julia and I'm signing on from a quiet internet cafe in Japan, where I very recently moved in order to teach English. I had what one might call my "quarter life crisis" in 2006 - I decided that while I loved my city (NYC, represent!!) and my absolutely amazing friends and family that I needed a complete change. So I got my international teaching certificate, quit my despised job of 4 years and arrived in Japan exactly one week ago. So far, my Japanese honeymoon is quite nice - I am meeting fun new people and have started job training. Now if I could just hone my "duck!!! it's another bicycle on the sidewalk!!!" spidey sense things would be even better. Thanks to Simone for inviting me to post with all of you - it is nice to finally get to have some
interaction (albeit digital) with some of you whose names I have heard before but never actually gotten to meet (congratulations on your engagement, Dolly!) I might not be able to post as often as I would like until I get internet service in my itsy bitsy teeny weeny Japanese apartment-tini but I will do my best.

And now I have to go get some homework done for my training class tomorrow. And find some salt - I have a vision of making pasta tonight. Let's just hope I can remember the hiragana signs for "shio."

No comments: